Expert Transmission Replacement Service for Over 50 yearsWe have been in the business of servicing your transmission for over 50 years. We have the knowledge and skill to determine what the issues are with your vehicle. For most, we find that a simple repair is necessary. For some vehicles, we do find that a transmission replacement is in order. With every transmission service, we perform a thorough multi-point inspection on your vehicle.
Signs Your Transmission is FailingYour vehicle’s transmission contains hundreds of sophisticated hydraulics and computer controlled electronic parts, working together to change gears within the engine, all with the purpose of moving your vehicle. Transmissions today, particularly those with computerized systems and front wheel drive technology, are complicated and transmission replacement is costly. Maintaining a regular service schedule is necessary to help maintain your vehicles transmission whether it be manual or automatic. Here are some signs your transmission might be in trouble:
- Liquid leaking from under your car– This one is hard to miss and leaking transmission fluid is probably one of the easiest ways to determine your car needs help. Just a little fluid in your driveway can quickly become a big problem for you.
- Burning smell coming from car– If you notice a burning smell, get your car inspected immediately to see if transmission replacement or service is needed.
- Hearing odd noises– With automatic transmissions you will hear a whining or buzzing noise. Manual transmissions will make a grinding noise.
- Delay in Movement– Transmissions are suppose to go into the correct gear every time so a delay or lack of response can mean you have transmission problems.
- Dashboard warning light comes on– If your transmission fluid is hotter than normal it will cause your transmission to operate at a higher temperature, causing warning lights to appear on your dash.
Expert Transmission Replacement Backed by ResultsWe know how important your vehicle is to you, that’s why AAMCO Transmissions & Total Car Care of Overland Park backs all of our transmission replacement work with the strongest nation-wide warranties. Give us a call at (913) 766-2350 or Kansas City (816) 533-4247 and if you are ready to bring your car in, schedule an appointment online today.
Proudly Serving Overland Park and Surrounding Kansas City areas